United Opposition Supports Mamata Banerjee's Fight Against Centre
File image of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. (Image: PTI)
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has come out in support of Trinamool chief minister Mamata Banerjee against the army deployment at the Dankuni and Palsit toll plazas on National Highway 2 (connecting Delhi and Kolkata).
Mamata has alleged that it was done without informing the state government in West Bengal.
"West Bengal is targeted because Mamata Di dared to speak against demonetisation. I will request her to keep up the fight, the whole nation is with her," Kejriwal said.
Echoing Arvind Kejriwal's views, Rajeev Shukla said the Government should take the matter seriously.
"If Mamata Banerjee is saying she is feeling threatened then the government should take the matter seriously," Shukla said.
Supporting Mamata, TMC leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay said that the Eastern Commander is not telling the truth. They should have contacted the state administration.
On the other hand, Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu criticised Mamata's move referring to it as an "excuse" to disturb the House.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More