UP: BSP not to contest against SP's Dimple Yadav
BSP on Wednesday announced not to contest the by-elections for Kannauj parliamentary constituency.
Lucknow: Giving a free run to Samajwadi Party nominee Dimple Yadav, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, main opposition BSP on Wednesday announced not to contest the by-elections for Kannauj parliamentary constituency.
"The party has decided not to field its candidate in by-election for Kannauj parliamentary seat in Uttar Pradesh," a party spokesman said in Lucknow.
He alleged that after the formation of SP government in the state there is an environment of anarchy and several welfare schemes have been closed.
The spokesman alleged that while people were reeling under incidents like rioting within three months of SP government, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is appealing to people and opposition to give six months time to his son.
"Now continuing with its tradition of nepotism, SP has fielded Dimple Yadav wife of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav as its candidate in Kannuaj by-election," he alleged.
The BSP spokesman said that now it was being said Dimple was being fielded for the development of Kannauj.
"People's experience of SP's "development" had been very bitter as Mulayam did not display political honesty, took care of only his home district Etawah while ignoring even his parliamentary constituency whether it was Mainpuri or Sambhal," he alleged.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar