UP CM Akhilesh Yadav gets NSG security cover
The Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to Akhilesh Yadav based on the threat perception about him.
New Delhi: The Centre has extended a Z+ security cover of National Security Guards (NSG) commandos to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. According to sources, the Chief Minister will have a round-the-clock mobile security of 10 to 12 'black cats'.
This came after the Union Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to the Samajwadi Party leader based on the threat perception about him. Yadav's father and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav already enjoys the NSG 'black cats' security.
"A special VIP security team from the NSG has recently been deployed 24x7 with the Uttar Pradesh CM," a senior official said. With the inclusion of the Chief Minister, the NSG has a total of 16 VIPs/VVIPs under its armed security cover.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology