UP CM Akhilesh Yadav gets NSG security cover
The Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to Akhilesh Yadav based on the threat perception about him.
New Delhi: The Centre has extended a Z+ security cover of National Security Guards (NSG) commandos to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. According to sources, the Chief Minister will have a round-the-clock mobile security of 10 to 12 'black cats'.
This came after the Union Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to the Samajwadi Party leader based on the threat perception about him. Yadav's father and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav already enjoys the NSG 'black cats' security.
"A special VIP security team from the NSG has recently been deployed 24x7 with the Uttar Pradesh CM," a senior official said. With the inclusion of the Chief Minister, the NSG has a total of 16 VIPs/VVIPs under its armed security cover.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?