UP: FIR against Youth Congress leader over Manmohan, Rahul posters
The posters showed PM Manmohan Singh as Hindu god Krishna riding a chariot and Rahul Gandhi as mythological character Arjun.
Allahabad: Congress leaders have sparked another controversy by putting posters portraying a scene of mythological book The Mahabharata. Five Congressmen have been accused of displaying the posters and hurting religious sentiments.
An FIR has been registered against Congress member Haseeb Ahmed at the Darabanga police station in Allahabad and four others will be named only after video footage is inspected.
The posters showed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as Hindu god Krishna riding a chariot and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi as mythological character Arjun.
A complaint was filed by Satya Prakash Mishra, secretary, Shree Rishi Gyanyog Prasar Samiti. He alleged that the posters were put at the Sangam and the leaders performed a havan for Rahul Gandhi to become PM, using garbage.
Allahabad Congress President Abhay Awasthi said, "The party condemns the incident and disciplinary action will be taken against them." He added that the party is considering expelling him and others involved.
Haseeb Ahmed had earlier put up the posters urging Congress President Sonia Gandhi's daughter Priyanka for contesting elections and campaigning for party.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology