UP govt colluding with Khurshid to save him: Kejriwal
Kejriwal claimed that the allegations were not his but that of the Uttar Pradesh government
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday alleged that the Uttar Pradesh government was colluding with Salman Khurshid to bail the Law Minister out of the allegations of financial irregularities in an NGO run by him and his wife. Posing five questions to Khurshid, the activist claimed that the allegations were not his but that of the Uttar Pradesh government, whose probe "proved the irregularities" done by the NGO run by the Minister and his wife Louise.
"These are not our allegations. These are the allegations of Akhilesh Yadav government. The matter was probed by the state government and a report was submitted on June 12 and send to Central government which issued a show cause notice," Kejriwal said, addressing protesters at Parliament Street who were into their third day of demonstration demanding the resignation of Khurshid and registration of case.
"...Already the issue has been probed. But now Akhilesh Yadav says this will be probed again. We suspect that it will not be a probe but an effort to destroy evidence. It appears that the issue have been settled between both of them (Yadav and Khurshid). It appears they have managed it," Kejriwal alleged.
Khurshid, who was in London for the past few days and returned to Delhi this morning, denied the allegations levelled by a TV news channel and Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption that the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust owned by him and his wife Louise was involved in cases of financial misappropriation and forgery. "I will fight back the allegations with sufficient proof," Khurshid told reporters here.
Earlier in the day, IAC volunteers staged protests at the IGI airport when Khurshid arrived from London and later another group staged protest outside his residence also. Around 15 people were detained by police in the two protests. Kejriwal also led a march around Connaught Place along with disabled people. He also challenged Khurshid to have a public discussion at Jantar Mantar over the allegations.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Trump Takes Swipe at Adult Star Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Contact
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor