UP: Mulayam sees flaws in Akhilesh government
The Samajwadi Party chief said that he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding the functioning of the state government.
Etawah: The Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government on Monday came under criticism of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, who said he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding functioning of the state government. Expressing dissatisfaction over increasing bureaucratic interference in the working of some of the departments, Mulayam advised the government to take corrective measures.
"I am getting a lot of complaints regarding functioning of various departments. They are being run by officers only (and not by the ministers). The government should look into it," Mulayam said during a programme in his hometown.
Suggesting that lack of coordination between ministers and bureaucrats would affect government's functioning, the SP supremo advised both of them to abide by the Cabinet decisions, so that they could be implemented in letter and spirit.
"The government should work in an unbiased manner (as) it does not belong to any particular. The chief minister is for every citizen," added Mulayam, who was speaking in the presence of son Akhilesh and brother Shivpal.
The state government bears the responsibility of turning Uttar Pradesh from a "backward" state to a developed one, he asserted, and advised Akhilesh to call a Cabinet meeting for fast-tracking various pending projects.
"We have to remove tag of backward state from UP and make it a developed one. The country cannot progress without the progress of UP," he said.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tannishtha Chatterjee Win Big at LIFFI
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18