UP: Mulayam sees flaws in Akhilesh government
The Samajwadi Party chief said that he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding the functioning of the state government.
Etawah: The Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government on Monday came under criticism of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, who said he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding functioning of the state government. Expressing dissatisfaction over increasing bureaucratic interference in the working of some of the departments, Mulayam advised the government to take corrective measures.
"I am getting a lot of complaints regarding functioning of various departments. They are being run by officers only (and not by the ministers). The government should look into it," Mulayam said during a programme in his hometown.
Suggesting that lack of coordination between ministers and bureaucrats would affect government's functioning, the SP supremo advised both of them to abide by the Cabinet decisions, so that they could be implemented in letter and spirit.
"The government should work in an unbiased manner (as) it does not belong to any particular. The chief minister is for every citizen," added Mulayam, who was speaking in the presence of son Akhilesh and brother Shivpal.
The state government bears the responsibility of turning Uttar Pradesh from a "backward" state to a developed one, he asserted, and advised Akhilesh to call a Cabinet meeting for fast-tracking various pending projects.
"We have to remove tag of backward state from UP and make it a developed one. The country cannot progress without the progress of UP," he said.
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP