UP polls: Janwadi Party forms alliance with BJP
Janwadi Party, formed in 2004, will contest on nearly a dozen seats and support BJP on the remaining seats.
Ballia: Janwadi Party has forged an alliance with BJP for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls. The party has entered into an alliance with the BJP and a formal announcement in this regard will be made in Lucknow on Sunday, JP President Sanjay Chauhan said in Ballia on Saturday.
Janwadi Party, formed in 2004 in Mau district, will contest on nearly a dozen seats and it would support BJP on the remaining seats, he said.
The elections to 403-member UP Assembly will be held on February next year in seven phases.
The run-up to the UP polls has been heating up with Mayawati cracking the whip on 21 of her Cabinet ministers, with 4 receiving the sacking on Friday.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology