UP Polls: Policemen go on a rampage
Policemen on poll duty damaged vehicles and blocked traffic after one of their colleagues was allegedly manhandled by a senior officer.
Hathras: Police personnel on election duty today went on a rampage damaging vehicles and blocking road traffic after one of their colleagues was allegedly manhandled by a senior officer. Agitated over the incident, the policemen pelted stones at vehicles, blocked Aligarh-Hathras road for several hours and damaged cameras of mediapersons, officials said here.
The blockade was lifted after Additional Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Shukla who allegedly manhandled the jawan was shifted.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said the ASP had been shifted and attached to the DGP headquarters. "A detailed report has been sought from the DM and the SP of Hathras district," he told reporters in Lucknow.
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood