UP polls: Rahul's Bundelkhand trip a flop show
Empty chairs greeted the few who had braved the cold to listen to the leader.
Lalitpur (Jhansi): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi is on a rallying spree across Uttar Pradesh, the state where he has much at stake in the forthcoming elections. However, on the first day of his five-day tour of the Bundelkhand region, the Congress leader was in for a disappointment because of the dismal turn-out at his rally at Lalitpur.
Empty chairs greeted the few who had braved the cold to listen to the leader. It seems the cold weather and chilly wind took a toll, turning Rahul's rally into a flop show. While the local leaders were visibly worried over the dismal show, even Rahul could not hide his disappointment and gave a hurried brief speech. On Tuesday, the Congress leader addressed rallies at Lalitpur, Mauranipur, Samthhar, Chirgaon and the city of Jhansi.
Bundelkhand has been one of the focus areas for Rahul Gandhi in his UP campaign. But the flop show must have made him realise the lack of Congress grassroot leadership in the region.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution