UP polls: Rahul's Bundelkhand trip a flop show
Empty chairs greeted the few who had braved the cold to listen to the leader.
Lalitpur (Jhansi): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi is on a rallying spree across Uttar Pradesh, the state where he has much at stake in the forthcoming elections. However, on the first day of his five-day tour of the Bundelkhand region, the Congress leader was in for a disappointment because of the dismal turn-out at his rally at Lalitpur.
Empty chairs greeted the few who had braved the cold to listen to the leader. It seems the cold weather and chilly wind took a toll, turning Rahul's rally into a flop show. While the local leaders were visibly worried over the dismal show, even Rahul could not hide his disappointment and gave a hurried brief speech. On Tuesday, the Congress leader addressed rallies at Lalitpur, Mauranipur, Samthhar, Chirgaon and the city of Jhansi.
Bundelkhand has been one of the focus areas for Rahul Gandhi in his UP campaign. But the flop show must have made him realise the lack of Congress grassroot leadership in the region.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand