UP: Priyanka Gandhi meets Congress workers
Priyanka Gandhi exhorted the workers to discharge their duties honestly and responsibly.
Rae Bareli: On the concluding day of her visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's Lok Sabha constituency, Priyanka Gandhi on Tuesday met party workers and discussed ways and means to strengthen the organisation. She met party workers of Sadar and Uchahar blocks and discussed at length ways and means to revamp the party in Rae Bareli, her mother's Parliamentary constituency.
Priyanka exhorted the workers to discharge their duties honestly and responsibly, Congress sources said. Winding up her two-day visit, she asked Congress workers and local leaders to ensure that weaknesses in the party were removed at the earliest.
On her way back to Delhi, Priyanka visited Harchandpur block office of the party and met workers. This is her second visit to Rae Bareli within a span of one month. Earlier, she had held meetings with party workers and talked about strengthening the Congress during her two-day visit on November 8-9.
Priyanka had also assured the people in her brother Rahul's constituency Amethi that she would visit them on a regular basis and keep in constant touch with them. The Congress had won two assembly seats in Amethi while in Rae Bareli it drew a blank in the UP Assembly poll this year.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)