UP: SP district chiefs to advise government on DMs, SPs
According to the Akhilesh government, views of Samajwadi Party district chiefs will be considered while taking decisions on DMs and SPs.
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to involve Samajwadi Party district chiefs while deciding the transfer and posting of District magistrates and Superintendents of Police. According to the Akhilesh Yadav government the views of Samajwadi Party district chiefs would be considered while taking any decision on the DMs and SPs.
Not only this, the Samajwadi Party district chiefs have been given unfettered access to the Chief Minister's office and the state secretariat. They can also recommend the installation of 100 hand pumps in their respective districts.
Meanwhile, the opposition parties have voiced their strong protests against the twin moves claiming that such moves were against the rules.
Actually as the dates for the next Lok Sabha elections approach the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to involve party functionaries and give the reins of district officials in their hands. The government order will force district officials to keep in close touch with Samajwadi Party leaders.
The government has decided the district chiefs recommendation would be taken into consideration while taking the decisions on DMs and SPs.
The leaders have also been asked top prepare a report on the functioning of ministers from their area. They will also be provided passes so that they can freely visit the state secretariat and the chief minister's offices in Lucknow.
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Kapil Sibal Exclusive: Will Cong Family Loyalists Become Deserters?