UPA's new austerity measures, officers to travel only in economy class
The Finance Minister plans to cut the non-plan expenditure by 10 per cent by adopting the new measures.
New Delhi: The Central Government has announced new austerity measures to cut non-plan expenditure by 10 per cent.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram said that the government officials, barring top bureaucrats, will fly only in economy class for domestic tours.
The Finance Minister also added that the government will impose a ban on government seminars in 5-Star hotels and on the purchase of new vehicles.
He also added that there will be a complete ban on new appointments in the government to limit the expenditure.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards