DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UPA's new austerity measures, officers to travel only in economy class
The Finance Minister plans to cut the non-plan expenditure by 10 per cent by adopting the new measures.
New Delhi: The Central Government has announced new austerity measures to cut non-plan expenditure by 10 per cent.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram said that the government officials, barring top bureaucrats, will fly only in economy class for domestic tours.
The Finance Minister also added that the government will impose a ban on government seminars in 5-Star hotels and on the purchase of new vehicles.
He also added that there will be a complete ban on new appointments in the government to limit the expenditure.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi