DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UPA facilitating corruption in J&K: Mehbooba
Mehbooba Mufti also alleged that the state government did not 'want' to pass the Transworld Muslim University Bill.
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday alleged that the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre was "facilitating" crime and corruption in Jammu and Kashmir.
"It is unfortunate that UPA government is not taking cognisance of the grave charges of corruption and crimes in J&K. They seem in a way to be facilitating corruption in the state," Mufti told reporters here.
Replying to a question on the demand for CBI probe into the multi-crore Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) scam, she said, "We definitely want probe into the JKCA scam, the way probe was ordered against Suresh Kalmadi and others involved in scams.
"They (UPA government) are not taking the same action in J&K regarding corruption or crime like death of National Conference worker Haji Yousuf or JKCA scam," she alleged.
She also alleged that the state government, who had majority in both the Assembly and Council, did not "want" to pass the Transworld Muslim University Bill.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi