UPA facilitating corruption in J&K: Mehbooba
Mehbooba Mufti also alleged that the state government did not 'want' to pass the Transworld Muslim University Bill.
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday alleged that the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre was "facilitating" crime and corruption in Jammu and Kashmir.
"It is unfortunate that UPA government is not taking cognisance of the grave charges of corruption and crimes in J&K. They seem in a way to be facilitating corruption in the state," Mufti told reporters here.
Replying to a question on the demand for CBI probe into the multi-crore Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) scam, she said, "We definitely want probe into the JKCA scam, the way probe was ordered against Suresh Kalmadi and others involved in scams.
"They (UPA government) are not taking the same action in J&K regarding corruption or crime like death of National Conference worker Haji Yousuf or JKCA scam," she alleged.
She also alleged that the state government, who had majority in both the Assembly and Council, did not "want" to pass the Transworld Muslim University Bill.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology