UPA facilitating corruption in J&K: Mehbooba
Mehbooba Mufti also alleged that the state government did not 'want' to pass the Transworld Muslim University Bill.
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday alleged that the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre was "facilitating" crime and corruption in Jammu and Kashmir.
"It is unfortunate that UPA government is not taking cognisance of the grave charges of corruption and crimes in J&K. They seem in a way to be facilitating corruption in the state," Mufti told reporters here.
Replying to a question on the demand for CBI probe into the multi-crore Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) scam, she said, "We definitely want probe into the JKCA scam, the way probe was ordered against Suresh Kalmadi and others involved in scams.
"They (UPA government) are not taking the same action in J&K regarding corruption or crime like death of National Conference worker Haji Yousuf or JKCA scam," she alleged.
She also alleged that the state government, who had majority in both the Assembly and Council, did not "want" to pass the Transworld Muslim University Bill.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements