UPA looks to complete term, but can't make predictions: Khurshid
Khurshid said that the SP and Congress were working together and will continue to work together.
Lucknow: Stopping short of making a direct comment on Lok Sabha polls, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Sunday said the UPA looks forward to complete its term in office, but noted that one cannot make predictions in politics. "We are looking at completing our term. There are important legislative steps that have to be taken, and policy issues that are in process of being implemented, but you know that one cannot predict what might happen tomorrow. We have cut for ourselves the job and then go to people, but I don't want to make any predictions," Khurshid said.
When asked whether his party was ready for elections, the Union minister said it doesn't look at the polls right now. His remarks come amid a blow-hot, blow-cold relationship of the Congress with Samajwadi Party, its ally in Uttar Pradesh. On SP demanding resignation of two Central ministers, Khurshid said at times, some opinions may differ based on local issues, but asserted such matters should get resolved sooner than later.
"I am sure that's taken in a proper context and the matter gets resolved. We are after all working together and I think we should continue to work together," Khurshid said. The minister asserted that the Congress looks for SP's cooperation as there are a lot of legislative works for people's welfare that need to be completed in the Parliament. On inflation, the minister said there are several factors behind it and although the government is trying its best to tame it, in economics, everything cannot be understood every time.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time