UPA should declare its PM candidate first: BJP
It also said UPA should declare whether Rahul Gandhi is a stakeholder for the top job or not.
Jammu: BJP on Friday said the Congress-led UPA should declare its Prime Ministerial candidate first and whether Rahul Gandhi is a stakeholder for the top job or not. While insisting that BJP Parliamentary Board will take a decision regarding its PM candidate at an appropriate time BJP national general secretary and former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah said, since UPA was in power, it should first take a decision in this regard.
"I am a BJP worker. I don't have any individual thinking. BJP Parliamentary Board will take a decision at the right time," Shah said when asked whether the party will project Narendra Modi as its PM candidate.
"UPA is in power, let them first decide whether their prince (Rahul Gandhi) is a stakeholder for the top job or he will be the Prime Minister. Let UPA first decide, after that the Opposition's case comes in question," he said. Stressing that the Congress will face defeat in the upcoming general elections, Shah said, "One thing I know is that elections will be between Congress and BJP, and Congress in its entire history, will get the lowest number of seats this time around."
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game