DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UPA wins FDI vote in Rajya Sabha with 123 MPs' support
The Samajwadi Party MPs had walked out of the Rajya Sabha before the voting began.
New Delhi: The UPA government won the vote on FDI in retail in the Rajya Sabha as well getting 123 votes in its favour. While the UPA got the support of 123 MPs, 109 MPs voted against it and one MP abstained.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said reforms were on track after the UPA won the voting on FDI in retail. Refuting BJP's charge that UPA used the CBI to get Mayawati's support, Kamal Nath said, "Mayawati voted with BJP on nuclear deal earlier, then BJP did not raise the CBI issue. Now when they vote against BJP, BJP accuses of misuse of CBI. This shows the mindset of BJP, it is about the politics of BJP."
The Samajwadi Party MPs had walked out of the Rajya Sabha before the voting began. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had called all the nominated members on Friday morning ahead of the voting.
How the numbers played out in the Rajya Sabha:
HALF WAY MARK: 117
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs