UPA's report card is a 'non report card', says BJP
"It (UPA-II report card) hides all the scams and reveals only the convenient," said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar.
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) termed the UPA's report card as a "non-report card" that hid all the scams and revealed only what was convenient to the ruling dispensation. The Opposition party also lashed out at the UPA for "blaming it for its own failures". "The UPA's report card is a non report card. It hides all the scams and reveals only the convenient. More importantly, Congress is now blaming BJP for its own failures," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Reacting to the Congress' criticism of the BJP stalling passage of important legislations like the Food Security Bill, he said the BJP has already enacted first Food Security Act in Chhattisgarh which is more inclusive than the UPA proposal. "We want to ask why UPA did not bring this bill for the last nine years and waited for so long," he wondered on the long delay in bringing the Food Security Bill and then blaming the Opposition party for stalling it.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday came down heavily on the BJP for disrupting Parliament proceedings and preventing crucial legislations from being passed. "I cannot hide my deep sense of disappointment over the manner in which Parliamentary proceedings have been disrupted by the principal Opposition party," Gandhi said at a function to mark four years of UPA-II rule.
"We are disappointed that we have not been able to get crucial legislations enacted entirely because of this obstructionist approach (of BJP)," she said. Gandhi also made a "fervent plea" to the NDA and other Opposition parties to come together and clear the passage of the Food Security and the Land Acquisition bills, saying these were "non-partisan" issues affecting the lives of millions of people.
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO
- Here's What Bollywood Celebrities Have To Say About MNS Ban On Pakistani Artistes
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits