US Parliamentarians' delegation meets Sushma Swaraj
Swaraj gave the US parliamentarians a brief account of the current scenario of the Congress government and the possibility of early elections.
New Delhi: A visiting US Parliamentarians' delegation on Tuesday met Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and discussed a host of issues, including elections and FDI in infrastructure development in India. The US delegation led by Aaron Schock from the state of Illinois, which met the BJP leader at her parliament office, also discussed history of Punjab and Haryana and environment- related issues, the party members said.
The meeting lasted for one hour. Swaraj gave the US parliamentarians a brief account of the current scenario of the UPA-led Congress government and the possibility of early elections and her party's poll preparedness. The visiting US delegation later visited both houses of the Parliament and the Central hall and lauded the Indian parliamentary system and democracy. Among others present during the meeting are Cynthia M Lummis from the State of Wyoming, BJP Convenor Overseas Affairs Vijay Jolly and NIAPPI Chairman Shalabh Kumar.
Later at Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee felicitated the US delegates. The Delhi Study Group along with NIAPPI organised a grand reception which was attended by UK-based NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul, Indian opinion makers, diplomats, journalists and other eminent citizens.
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan