Vasundhara Raje demands apology from RBI governor
Subbarao said in Jaipur the poor segments of the population are seeing an increase in income, leading to shift in their dietary habits.
Jaipur: BJP Rajasthan president Vasundhara Raje on Monday demanded apology from RBI Governor D Subbarao for his comment on the rise in food inflation. The RBI Governor by saying that rural people's shift to protein and eating more of egg, milk and fruits is causing food inflation is an insult of the poor, she said.
Subbarao should visit Rajasthan to see the ground reality she said. "He should come and see that how tribals are living," a release here quoting her as saying said. Impressive rise in rural incomes is fuelling food inflation as people's dietary habits are changing for the better and increasing consumption, RBI Governor D Subbarao said at Bangalore on April 6, 2013.
Subbarao said in Jaipur the poor segments of the population are seeing an increase in income, leading to shift in their dietary habits. People are shifting from cereals to protein and eating more of egg, meat, milk, vegetables, pulses and fruits and "that's causing food inflation". Raje, who is on canvassing mission in view of assembly elections due later this year, in a meeting at Udaipur accused the UPA government and the Congress government at Rajasthan of making mockery of the poor.
Raje also said that the law and order situation has deteriorated in the state and a Union minister has to sit on dharna to press for his demand. She was referring to a dharna by MoS Rural Development LalChand Katariya in the state capital demanding proper investigation in a murder case.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess