Vayalar Ravi given additional charge Science and Technology
Vilasrao Deshmukh has been admitted to a Chennai hospital for treatment of a serious liver ailment.
New Delhi: Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi was on Friday given additional charge of ministries of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises following illhealth of Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs is allocated the additional charge of the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Earth Sciences and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
The President has further directed that Vilasrao Dagadojirao Deshmukh shall continue as Minister without portfolio, it said.
Deshmukh has been admitted to a Chennai hospital for treatment of a serious liver ailment.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology