Vayalar Ravi given additional charge Science and Technology
Vilasrao Deshmukh has been admitted to a Chennai hospital for treatment of a serious liver ailment.
New Delhi: Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi was on Friday given additional charge of ministries of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises following illhealth of Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs is allocated the additional charge of the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Earth Sciences and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
The President has further directed that Vilasrao Dagadojirao Deshmukh shall continue as Minister without portfolio, it said.
Deshmukh has been admitted to a Chennai hospital for treatment of a serious liver ailment.
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?