VHP may announce support for Modi during committee meet
VHP's Kendriya Marg Darshak Mandal meet will be held for the next two days in Allahabad.
Allahabad: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad's (VHP) steering committee is meeting for the next two days in Uttar Pradesh's Allahabad. All eyes are on the Hindu outfit as it is likely to openly support Narendra Modi's name as the BJP's prime ministerial candidate.
The VHP's Kendriya Marg Darshak Mandal meet will coincide with the Maha Kumbh Mela being held in the city. After a meeting with top RSS and BJP leaders last week, VHP leader Ashok Singhal had said Modi should be declared the PM candidate by the party.
"If people themselves are demanding that Modi should be made the PM candidate then BJP will also have to think about it. Such a thing is happening for the first time. After all, the BJP President himself has said that Modi at present is their most popular leader," Singhal had said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers