DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
VHP may announce support for Modi during committee meet
VHP's Kendriya Marg Darshak Mandal meet will be held for the next two days in Allahabad.
Allahabad: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad's (VHP) steering committee is meeting for the next two days in Uttar Pradesh's Allahabad. All eyes are on the Hindu outfit as it is likely to openly support Narendra Modi's name as the BJP's prime ministerial candidate.
The VHP's Kendriya Marg Darshak Mandal meet will coincide with the Maha Kumbh Mela being held in the city. After a meeting with top RSS and BJP leaders last week, VHP leader Ashok Singhal had said Modi should be declared the PM candidate by the party.
"If people themselves are demanding that Modi should be made the PM candidate then BJP will also have to think about it. Such a thing is happening for the first time. After all, the BJP President himself has said that Modi at present is their most popular leader," Singhal had said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh