Vice President Poll: PM holds discussion with CPI(M)
Singh discussed Ansari's name with HD Deve Gowda on Saturday and the party supported Hamid Ansari's candidature.
New Delhi: The CPI(M) has shared its views on the upcoming Vice Presidential election with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who called CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat to discuss the matter.
"He (Singh) spoke to me about three days ago. He wanted my opinion and I gave my opinion on the matter," Karat told PTI here.
Though some names are understood to have been discussed during the telephone conversation, Karat refused to divulge them.
Congress is understood to have propped up Vice President Hamid Ansari's name for a second term with the Prime Minister beginning the exercise to solicit support for his candidature.
Singh discussed Ansari's name with former Prime Minister and JD(S) leader HD Deve Gowda on Saturday and the party supported Ansari's candidature.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test