Vice President Poll: PM holds discussion with CPI(M)
Singh discussed Ansari's name with HD Deve Gowda on Saturday and the party supported Hamid Ansari's candidature.
New Delhi: The CPI(M) has shared its views on the upcoming Vice Presidential election with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who called CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat to discuss the matter.
"He (Singh) spoke to me about three days ago. He wanted my opinion and I gave my opinion on the matter," Karat told PTI here.
Though some names are understood to have been discussed during the telephone conversation, Karat refused to divulge them.
Congress is understood to have propped up Vice President Hamid Ansari's name for a second term with the Prime Minister beginning the exercise to solicit support for his candidature.
Singh discussed Ansari's name with former Prime Minister and JD(S) leader HD Deve Gowda on Saturday and the party supported Ansari's candidature.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal, 3 Ministers; Ram Gopal Yadav Attacks Mulayam