With the death of Jyoti Basu, an era in political Bengal has come to an end.
With the death of Jyoti Basu, an era in political Bengal has come to an end. A trained lawyer, the London-educated Basu was a mass leader and had a huge base in rural Bengal. Although his three-decade-old reign had seen the death of commerce and industry in the state, Basu was credited with keeping the Left Front united in the state. Join Sagarika Ghose in a live chat discussing what next for the Left Front now.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable