DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Liver transplant could have saved Vilasrao: Hospital
Chairman and MD of Global Hospitals Dr K Ravindranath said that a liver donor could have helped save the Congress leader.
Chennai: After a prolonged sickness, Union Minister and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh died at a Chennai hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Vilasrao was suffering from a liver and kidney ailment and had been in hospital since August 6.
Deshmukh was on life support for over a week.
Chairman and MD of Global Hospitals Dr K Ravindranath said that a liver donor could have helped save the Congress leader leader. "If he could have got the liver donor, there could have been a chance to save him."
"In the last three days, he (Vilasrao) was reasonably stable. We could not get any organ (liver) for transplantation. Since last night his condition started deteriorating very fast. We are sorry could not find liver (organ donor) on time," added Dr Ravindranath.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia