Liver transplant could have saved Vilasrao: Hospital
Chairman and MD of Global Hospitals Dr K Ravindranath said that a liver donor could have helped save the Congress leader.
Chennai: After a prolonged sickness, Union Minister and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh died at a Chennai hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Vilasrao was suffering from a liver and kidney ailment and had been in hospital since August 6.
Deshmukh was on life support for over a week.
Chairman and MD of Global Hospitals Dr K Ravindranath said that a liver donor could have helped save the Congress leader leader. "If he could have got the liver donor, there could have been a chance to save him."
"In the last three days, he (Vilasrao) was reasonably stable. We could not get any organ (liver) for transplantation. Since last night his condition started deteriorating very fast. We are sorry could not find liver (organ donor) on time," added Dr Ravindranath.
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18