VS a propagandist with political vendetta: Chandy
Oommen Chandy on Monday alleged that Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan is a propagandist with political vendetta.
Kottayam: Opposition Congress leader Oommen Chandy on Monday alleged that Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan is a propagandist with political vendetta and said a government which could not do anything for the last five years would continue to do just that in future if elected to power.
Speaking to reporters in Kottayam, Chandy said the Congress led United Democratic Front's main poll plank would be development. Kerala could have been transformed into an investor friendly state had necessary steps been taken, he said.
To a question, he said UDF has no tie-up with Jammat-E-Islami. It was CPM secretary Pinarayi Vijayan who held a discussion with the outfit, a fact revealed by its political secretary Hamid Vanimel who resigned later.
In 1987, LDF made the Thankamani issue the main campaign point, followed by the Suryanelli case in 1996 and the Kiliroor case in 2006. Not a single person was convicted in any of these cases, he said.
He said the palmoilein import case was nothing new and it was filed in court in 1996 by involving him as witness.
To a question, he ruled out the possibility of an alliance between Congress and BJP in any part of the country. He exuded confidence that UDF would win by a majority in the assembly polls like in the Lok Sabha and panchayat elections.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game