VS ticket row: CPM leaders shown black flags
Protest against CPM decision to deny assembly seat to V S Achuthanandan continued in Kerala.
Kasargod: As the protest against the decision of the CPI(M) State Secretariat to deny assembly seat to Chief minister V S Achuthanandan continued, black flags were raised in front the residences of CPI(M) leaders in
Kasargod district. Black flags were seen infront of the residences P Karunakaran, MP, K Kunhiraman, MLA and District Secretary K P Satish Chandran, early on Thursday morning.
Protest marches were taken out by the supporters of Achuthanandan at several places in the CPI(M) strongholds of Madikkai, Uduma and Kanhangad, after the Party's Secretariat decision to deny assembly seat, yesterday.
In the last assembly elections 2006, after being denied a ticket initially by the party, Achuthanandan who became the candidate from Malampuzha assembly constituency, following street protests later won with a margin of over 20,000 votes and went on to become the chief minister.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology