WB: Buddha welcomes Somnath to campaign trail
Somnath Chatterjee was expelled from the CPM for going against party line in the trust vote in 2008.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday welcomed expelled CPM leader Somnath Chatterjee for campaigning for the Left Front in the Assembly polls, but remained non-committal about his immediate re-induction into the party.
"It is good that Somnath Chatterjee is campaigning. It is a big help to the Left Front," Bhattacharjee said at a 'Meet-the-Press' programme here.
Asked about the possibility of the former Lok Sabha Speaker's re-induction into the party, Bhattacharjee said, "It has not been thought of yet." Chatterjee was expelled from the CPM for going against party line in the trust vote in 2008.
"There were some problems a couple of years ago. But Somnath Chatterjee is still with the Left. He is an important leader," Bhattacharjee said.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game