WB chit fund scam: FIR filed against Sudipta Sen, TMC MP
The FIR has been filed against Sudipta Sen and 6 others for non-payment of salaries to employees of a television channel run by Saradha group.
Kolkata: An FIR has been filed against Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh, Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen and six others for non-payment of salaries to employees of a television channel run by the chit fund company.
The FIR was filed on Thursday night at the Park Street police station by 21 employees of Channel 10 stating that they were not paid salaries by the company which also did not deposit their provident fund dues, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pallab Kanti Ghosh said.
Asked whether the MP would be arrested, Ghosh said, "We have started the investigation. Whatever is needed for the sake of investigation will be done." The TMC MP, on his part, said that he was only an employee with responsibility for editorial content of the channel. "I'm ready to face any investigation.
"I was not the owner. Finance and accounts were not under me. I did not have cheque signing authority. Attempts are being made to tarnish my image," Ghosh, who was the Saradha group media CEO, said. He said that Sudipta Sen, the Saradha Group chairman, was the owner of Channel 10.
Ghosh said that in a six page letter to the party's 'top leadership' he has written "I am ready to face and co-operate with any investigation. "I am not connected with the Saradha's money market activities. I am ready to resign as a Rajya Sabha member if investigation revealed (complicity in the scam)," he said.
He said that he had joined the media unit of the Saradha Group before joining the TMC. "I joined the Saradha media group in September, 2010 and became member of TMC and MP in March 2012. So please disassociate me and my party in this," Ghosh said.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border