WB: EC ambassador Bickram Ghosh upbeat over polls
Famed percussionist Bickram Ghosh said that he will be ready to be a part of any such movement in future as well.
Kolkata: Famed percussionist Bickram Ghosh is thrilled at being selected as the brand ambassador for the coming West Bengal Assembly election by the Election Commission and says he will love to motivate citizens to exercise their franchise.
Lauding the EC's move to connect with the people, Ghosh, a well-known figure in Kolkata's social circuit, said not participating in the democratic exercise mounted to failure to perform a citizen's most important duty.
"In a democracy you must exercise the right to vote. Abstaining won't serve any purpose and will only show you as a non-responsive citizen," Ghosh told PTI in Kolkata.
Ghosh is now busy shooting for a promotional video in which he will be seen appealing to voters to exercise their franchise without fear.
"I will be ready to be part of any such movement in future as well," Ghosh said.
Ghosh enacted his familiar jamming act before the camera for the 20-second shoot near the Victoria Memorial in the last week of March.
The audio-visual, anchored by Ghosh in the company of EC officials, was shot by director Shiladitya Sanyal.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology