DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: EC blow to CPM ahead of poll in Burdwan
Two CPM leaders were arrested from Srirampur village for campaigning on Monday morning, violating EC guideline.
Burdwan: Barely 12 hours before polling in Burdwan district on Tuesday, two CPM leaders were arrested and one presiding officer of a booth was removed for violating Election Commission guidelines.
Two CPM leaders were arrested from Srirampur village under Purbasthali South constituency for campaigning on Monday morning, violating Election Commission guideline, District Magistrate-cum Returning Officer, Omkar Singh Meena said.
The presiding officer of a booth in Burdwan South seat, Asit Banerjee was removed for moving out of the polling station to visit a local CPM leader Ashok Ganguly this evening, Meena said.
Burdwan South constituency is witnessing a close fight between Industry Minister Nirupam Sen and Trinamool Congress candidate Rabiranjan Chattyopadhyay as the TMC has promised to punish the culprits of Saibari massacre of 1970 if it is voted to power.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan