WB: Naxal supporters in TMC list, claims CPM
The CPM claimed that TMC has nominated a number of PCPA activists as its candidates for the WB polls.
Kolkata: The CPM on Wednesday claimed that the Trinamool Congress has nominated a number of PCPA activists as its candidates for the forthcoming West Bengal Assembly elections.
"Those who have launched movements (in Junglemahal) and those who have taken Trinamool state leaders there are now the party's candidates," CPM state secretary Biman Bose told reporters on the sidelines of the release of a DVD on the situation in Junglemahal.
Alleging that relations between the Trinamool Congress and Maoists were "very close", he claimed that both were losing popular support in the forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia district - collectively known as Junglemahal.
"The people of Junglemahal have learnt from experience that those whom they mistook for saviours are actually 'jalhads' (killers). They are depriving people of their democratic rights. The people are, therefore, moving away from them," he said.
Bose claimed that 284 CPM supporters and activists have been killed in Junglemahal.
Earlier, the DVD 'No Pasanon,' (Spanish for no further) a 57-minute documentation of the situation in Junglemahal, was released by a class five student Marshal Murmu, who received bullet injuries in a Maoist attack on his school on December 17, 2009.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker