WB: Obscene dance at an event organised by TMC student wing
Students at an institute in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself.
Midnapore: Days after a Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader courted controversy by throwing wads of currency notes towards skimpily-clad girls dancing at its foundation day event, a freshers' welcome function organised by the party's student wing saw a dancer giving an obscene performance on stage.
Students of the Industrial Training Institute at Rangamati in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself at the event organised by the Trinamool Chhatra Parishad on Sunday. The programme, which started late at night, was beamed by television channels.
TMCP district president Ramaprasad Giri, who was present at the function, today said he had left before the dancer's performance. "I have asked for a detailed report from the college unit of TMCP. Action will be taken after getting the report," Giri said.
Students union officials were unavailable for comment. Earlier, on January 1, the party's foundation day, skimpily clad dancers were showered with currency notes by TMC leader and Zilla Parishad member Mir Tahir Ali which led to his suspension.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom