WB: Obscene dance at an event organised by TMC student wing
Students at an institute in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself.
Midnapore: Days after a Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader courted controversy by throwing wads of currency notes towards skimpily-clad girls dancing at its foundation day event, a freshers' welcome function organised by the party's student wing saw a dancer giving an obscene performance on stage.
Students of the Industrial Training Institute at Rangamati in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself at the event organised by the Trinamool Chhatra Parishad on Sunday. The programme, which started late at night, was beamed by television channels.
TMCP district president Ramaprasad Giri, who was present at the function, today said he had left before the dancer's performance. "I have asked for a detailed report from the college unit of TMCP. Action will be taken after getting the report," Giri said.
Students union officials were unavailable for comment. Earlier, on January 1, the party's foundation day, skimpily clad dancers were showered with currency notes by TMC leader and Zilla Parishad member Mir Tahir Ali which led to his suspension.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik