WB panchayat polls: Govt, EC likely to meet on Thursday
The meeting will take place amidst a deadline set by the High Court to complete the poll process by July 15.
Kolkata: A day after the Calcutta High Court directed the West Bengal government and the State Election Commission to mutually decide on dates for the panchayat election, a move has been initiated by both to hold a meeting on Thursday.
The meeting will take place amidst a deadline set by the High Court to complete the poll process by July 15. SEC secretary Tapas Roy told reporters that the meeting would be held at its office where issues relating to holding the panchayat election would be discussed as per the high court directions.
Refusing to elaborate further, Roy said that SEC commissioner Mira Pandey had already communicated with the state government in this regard. Officials said that the meeting would be attended by state chief secretary, home secretary and panchayat secretary, besides SEC commissioner Mira Pandey and SEC secretary Tapas Roy.
- Hindustan Copper stake sale today, base price is Rs 70 per share
- StarGaze: Akshay Kumar celebrates World Heart Day and more
- Living it Up: How to beat heart diseases
- World Heart Day: 5 ways to keep your heart healthy
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18