DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB panchayat polls: Govt, EC likely to meet on Thursday
The meeting will take place amidst a deadline set by the High Court to complete the poll process by July 15.
Kolkata: A day after the Calcutta High Court directed the West Bengal government and the State Election Commission to mutually decide on dates for the panchayat election, a move has been initiated by both to hold a meeting on Thursday.
The meeting will take place amidst a deadline set by the High Court to complete the poll process by July 15. SEC secretary Tapas Roy told reporters that the meeting would be held at its office where issues relating to holding the panchayat election would be discussed as per the high court directions.
Refusing to elaborate further, Roy said that SEC commissioner Mira Pandey had already communicated with the state government in this regard. Officials said that the meeting would be attended by state chief secretary, home secretary and panchayat secretary, besides SEC commissioner Mira Pandey and SEC secretary Tapas Roy.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Ssumier Pasricha, Mallika Dua: Meet the Most Viral People on Internet
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish