WB panchayat polls: Govt, EC likely to meet on Thursday
The meeting will take place amidst a deadline set by the High Court to complete the poll process by July 15.
Kolkata: A day after the Calcutta High Court directed the West Bengal government and the State Election Commission to mutually decide on dates for the panchayat election, a move has been initiated by both to hold a meeting on Thursday.
The meeting will take place amidst a deadline set by the High Court to complete the poll process by July 15. SEC secretary Tapas Roy told reporters that the meeting would be held at its office where issues relating to holding the panchayat election would be discussed as per the high court directions.
Refusing to elaborate further, Roy said that SEC commissioner Mira Pandey had already communicated with the state government in this regard. Officials said that the meeting would be attended by state chief secretary, home secretary and panchayat secretary, besides SEC commissioner Mira Pandey and SEC secretary Tapas Roy.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement