DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB polls: 108 candidates in BJP's second list
The party was the first in the state to announce its first list of 106 candidates last week.
Kolkata: BJP on Wednesday evening released its second list of 108 candidates for the upcoming West Bengal Assembly elections and expressed hope to wrap up seat adjustments with smaller parties, including Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), in North Bengal for the remaining 80 seats.
BJP, which decided to contest all the 294 assembly constituencies along with some smaller parties, was the first in the state to announce its first list of 106 candidates last week.
Party's state President Rahul Sinha said that it would release the third and final list of 80 candidates after finalising alliance with the smaller parties. However, Sinha said that if there was no headway in the seat-sharing agreement, BJP would alone contest the remaining 80 seats.
BJP was already in talks with GJM, Kamtapur People's Party, Adivasi Vikas Parishad and Progressive People's Party on seat-sharing issue.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017