DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB polls: 16 candidates file papers in Malda
Malda district has 12 assembly seats and 75 candidates. Thursday was the last day for filing of nomination.
Malda: Sixteen candidates filed their nomination papers in Malda district on Thursday, the last date for filing of nomination, official sources said. Three candidates from the Bahujan Samaj Party and 13 Independents on Thursday filed their papers.
Malda district has 12 assembly seats and 75 candidates including West Bengal minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Environment Sailen Sarkar have filed their nomination papers.
Sarkar is the CPM candidate for the Ratua assembly seat. Out of the 12 assembly seat in Malda district, the CPM has put up candidates in 10 seats, RSP in 1 and Forward Bloc 1.
The Congress has fielded candidates in nine seats while alliance partner Trinamool Congress has put up candidates in three seats. The Bahujan Samaj Party has put up candidates in 11 seats, the BJP has fielded candidates in 13 seats while 27 Independents have also filed their papers.
The scrutiny will he held on April 2 and the last date for withdrawal of nomination is April 4, the sources added. Elections in Malda district will be held on April 18 during the first phase of the six-phase assembly election.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh