WB polls: Elderly women voters die of sunstroke
Two elderly women died of sunstroke when they went to cast their vote at Kultali and Canning in Bengal.
Canning: Two elderly women on Wednesday died of sunstroke when they went to cast their vote at Kultali and Canning in South 24-Parganas district, police said.
Renuka Haldar (71) collapsed when she was waiting in a queue to cast her vote at a booth at Kishorimohanpur in Kultali Assembly constituency, they said. She was rushed to a local hospital where doctors declared her brought dead, they said.
Another elderly woman Momena Sardar (65) died when she went to exercise her franchise at Davisabad in Canning West Assembly constituency. She was also declared brought dead due to sunstroke by doctors of a local hospital, officials said.
Meanwhile, the electronic voting machines (EVM) malfunctioned at Pathar Pratima, Gosaba, Sagar Islands, Jaynagar and Bhangar of Sundarbans, poll officials said. The EVMs were replaced within an hour, they added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century