WB polls: EVMs to go through special checking
Gupta said that the 2nd round of checking would be done before the representatives of political parties.
Kolkata: The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) would go through special checking to avoid technical snags during polls, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta told reporters in Kolkata on Friday.
"We had a first round of checking in front of representatives of political parties. But for the first time, the second round of checking would also be done before the parties," Gupta said.
"We will go through a special checking to see whether there is any drainage of power when the machine is in off mode," he said.
"Engineers of Electronic Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), the company that designed the EVMs, will be present at each constituencies to see whether the machines are fit to be used during polls," Gupta added.
We will keep 20 per cent extra EVM and 20 per cent extra power packs at the distribution centre so that they could be sent to booths in case of any problem, he said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Rain Plays Spoilsport as RCB & SRH Share Points
- Sagarika Ghatge: Meet The Gorgeous, Talented Fiancee of Zaheer Khan
- Zaheer-Sagarika Perfect Match, Says Sachin Tendulkar
- Toyota Innova Touring Sport Edition to Launch in India on May 4, 2017
- 1st Test: Yasir Shah Spins Pakistan to Victory over West Indies