WB polls: Industry minister files nomination
Sen, who is contesting from Burdwan South constituency, has savings and investments amounting to Rs 5.31 lakh.
Burdwan: West Bengal Industries Minister Nirupam Sen, who is contesting from Burdwan South constituency, has savings and investments amounting to Rs 5, 31,302.35 in bank and post office.
According to his affidavit submitted along with his nomination paper in Burdwan on Friday, his wife Chandrabali Sen has savings and investments of Rs 16, 59,987.90 while their son Atri has Rs 2, 22,082.
Cash in hand with the minister, his wife and son were Rs 2,000, Rs 5,000 and nil respectively. Sen's wife has 60 gram gold jewellery valued at Rs 1, 20,000, the affidavit said.
While the minister has a house worth Rs 1, 80,855 in Burdwan, his wife has a Rs 9 lakh flat in Salt Lake. In 2009-10, his income was Rs 85,145 while that of his wife, a retired professor, was Rs 4, 64,371.
Sen said in the affidavit that he was not an accused in any pending case. He had been accused in a triple murder case in Burdwan district in 1970. He had earlier claimed that he had been absolved of the charges long ago.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion