DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB polls: Industry minister files nomination
Sen, who is contesting from Burdwan South constituency, has savings and investments amounting to Rs 5.31 lakh.
Burdwan: West Bengal Industries Minister Nirupam Sen, who is contesting from Burdwan South constituency, has savings and investments amounting to Rs 5, 31,302.35 in bank and post office.
According to his affidavit submitted along with his nomination paper in Burdwan on Friday, his wife Chandrabali Sen has savings and investments of Rs 16, 59,987.90 while their son Atri has Rs 2, 22,082.
Cash in hand with the minister, his wife and son were Rs 2,000, Rs 5,000 and nil respectively. Sen's wife has 60 gram gold jewellery valued at Rs 1, 20,000, the affidavit said.
While the minister has a house worth Rs 1, 80,855 in Burdwan, his wife has a Rs 9 lakh flat in Salt Lake. In 2009-10, his income was Rs 85,145 while that of his wife, a retired professor, was Rs 4, 64,371.
Sen said in the affidavit that he was not an accused in any pending case. He had been accused in a triple murder case in Burdwan district in 1970. He had earlier claimed that he had been absolved of the charges long ago.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835