WB polls: Journalists beaten up by CPM men
Three journalists were beaten up allegedly by CPM men after blocking their car at Dayalpur in Burdwan district.
Burdwan: Three journalists were beaten up allegedly by CPM supporters on Saturday after blocking their car at Dayalpur under Galsi assembly constituency in Burdwan district.
According to the FIR lodged by the three scribes with the Galsi police station, they were beaten up by CPM cadres after their car was blocked by two bullock carts. The cadres were annoyed as the journalists had gone to a polling booth to talk to the presiding officer Sourav Banerjee, the FIR said.
Prior to that a local CPM leader, Sk Zulfikar abused the journalists in front of the presiding officer. The journalists belonged to PTI, two Bengali dailies 'News Bangla' and 'Bartaman'.
All three were treated by Pursa primary health centre.
District Magistrate-cum-Returning Officer, Omkar Singh Meena said he had asked the Superintendent of Police to arrest the culprits.
Polling was conducted for 12 seats of Burdwan district today as that for 13 other seats was completed on May three.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune