WB polls: Pranab's son, PCC chief in Cong list
Abhijit Mukherjee, PCC chief Manas Bhuniya and CLP leader Abu Hena figure in the Congress list of 65 candidates.
New Delhi: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee's son Abhijit Mukherjee, PCC chief Manas Bhuniya and CLP leader Abu Hena figure in the Congress' list of 65 candidates for West Bengal Assembly elections announced on Friday.
Abhijit, who had last month resigned as an executive from a public sector firm to enter politics, will enter the fray from Nalhati. Bhuniya is contesting from Sabang while Abu Hena from Lalgola.
Other senior leaders who have been given tickets include D P Ray, Ghulam Rabbani and Abu Naser Khan Chaudhury. However, the party has failed to accommodate its senior MLAs including Ram Pyare Ram, whose seats were lost due
to delimitation. The Trinamool Congress refused to allot the changed constituencies to Congress.
Congres had got 65 seats under the seat-sharing arrangement with Trinamool Congress, which is contesting 227 seats while another ally SUCI has got two out of the total 294 seats.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1