DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB polls: Sailen Sarkar files papers from Ratua
Sarkar is the Parliamentary Affairs and Environment minister in West Bengal.
Malda (WB): West Bengal Parliamentary Affairs and Environment minister Sailen Sarkar was among the 16 candidates, who filed their nomination papers from Malda district on Monday, official sources said.
Sarkar, the CPM candidate for Ratua assembly constituency, on Monday filed his papers before the Returning Officer.
Fifteen other candidates (BJP-5, INC-3, LF-3, BSP-1 and Ind-3) filed their papers for the 12 assembly seats in Malda district, the sources said.
Election in Malda district would be held during the first phase of the six-phase assembly election on March 18.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi