WB polls: Sailen Sarkar files papers from Ratua
Sarkar is the Parliamentary Affairs and Environment minister in West Bengal.
Malda (WB): West Bengal Parliamentary Affairs and Environment minister Sailen Sarkar was among the 16 candidates, who filed their nomination papers from Malda district on Monday, official sources said.
Sarkar, the CPM candidate for Ratua assembly constituency, on Monday filed his papers before the Returning Officer.
Fifteen other candidates (BJP-5, INC-3, LF-3, BSP-1 and Ind-3) filed their papers for the 12 assembly seats in Malda district, the sources said.
Election in Malda district would be held during the first phase of the six-phase assembly election on March 18.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology