WB polls: TMC demands Anil Basu's arrest
Chatterjee said that by using abusive language, Basu has insulted not only Mamata but all women in the country.
Kolkata: Reacting to issuance of showcase notice by Election Commission to CPM leader Anil Basu for using "obscene" remarks against its chief Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday demanded his arrest.
"What more has he to say? Election Commission should take cognizance of his letter (issued from the CPM state headquarters in Kolkata) admitting his guilt and take appropriate action against him under the rules and should put him behind bars," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee said.
"By using abusive and filthy language against our party supremo, Basu has insulted not only her but all women in the country," Chatterjee, Leader of the Opposition said.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology