WB polls: TMC demands Anil Basu's arrest
Chatterjee said that by using abusive language, Basu has insulted not only Mamata but all women in the country.
Kolkata: Reacting to issuance of showcase notice by Election Commission to CPM leader Anil Basu for using "obscene" remarks against its chief Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday demanded his arrest.
"What more has he to say? Election Commission should take cognizance of his letter (issued from the CPM state headquarters in Kolkata) admitting his guilt and take appropriate action against him under the rules and should put him behind bars," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee said.
"By using abusive and filthy language against our party supremo, Basu has insulted not only her but all women in the country," Chatterjee, Leader of the Opposition said.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands