DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB polls: TMC demands Anil Basu's arrest
Chatterjee said that by using abusive language, Basu has insulted not only Mamata but all women in the country.
Kolkata: Reacting to issuance of showcase notice by Election Commission to CPM leader Anil Basu for using "obscene" remarks against its chief Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday demanded his arrest.
"What more has he to say? Election Commission should take cognizance of his letter (issued from the CPM state headquarters in Kolkata) admitting his guilt and take appropriate action against him under the rules and should put him behind bars," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee said.
"By using abusive and filthy language against our party supremo, Basu has insulted not only her but all women in the country," Chatterjee, Leader of the Opposition said.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GoT 7 Promises 'A Great War' Within and Outside The Wall
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings