WB: TMC leader arrested on molestation charge
Two tribal women workers of Jharkhand Party (Naren) had alleged Panda and his associates came to their houses and molested them.
Jhargram: A local Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader and four of his associates have been arrested in West Midnapore district of West Bengal on molestation and other charges lodged against them in March, police said on Saturday. Jaladhar Panda, Binpur block vice-president of Triamool Youth Congress, and four others were arrested on Friday night and produced before the court on Saturday.
Jhargram ACJM Priyajit Chatterjee remanded them in jail custody till April 20 and sought the case diary from the police on April 12. Two tribal women workers of Jharkhand Party (Naren) had alleged before the state Women's Commission, state Human Rights Commission and senior district officials on March 7 that Panda and his associates came to their houses and assaulted and molested them, asking them to quit the outfit.
In the complaint, they had said though a complaint was lodged in Binpur police station following the incident, no action was taken.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess