WB: TMC leader arrested on molestation charge
Two tribal women workers of Jharkhand Party (Naren) had alleged Panda and his associates came to their houses and molested them.
Jhargram: A local Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader and four of his associates have been arrested in West Midnapore district of West Bengal on molestation and other charges lodged against them in March, police said on Saturday. Jaladhar Panda, Binpur block vice-president of Triamool Youth Congress, and four others were arrested on Friday night and produced before the court on Saturday.
Jhargram ACJM Priyajit Chatterjee remanded them in jail custody till April 20 and sought the case diary from the police on April 12. Two tribal women workers of Jharkhand Party (Naren) had alleged before the state Women's Commission, state Human Rights Commission and senior district officials on March 7 that Panda and his associates came to their houses and assaulted and molested them, asking them to quit the outfit.
In the complaint, they had said though a complaint was lodged in Binpur police station following the incident, no action was taken.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement