We are willing to invite Modi for interaction: CII President
Within days of Rahul addressing at CII, Modi used the platform of another chamber FICCI in his bid to reach out to audiences nationwide.
New Delhi: After hosting Congress leader Rahul Gandhi early in April, CII on Sunday said the chamber is willing to invite Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for interaction.
"We have worked with Modi in the 'Vibrant Gujarat' meet. CII was one of the sponsors. So, we will," CII President Kris Gopalakrishnan said when asked whether the industry body will invite the Gujarat Chief Minister who is seen as the Prime Ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We (CII) will work with all parties and all leaders. We are looking to invite all prominent leaders," Gopalakrishnan said in an interview to PTI. Gandhi had addressed business leaders at CII's annual general meeting on April 4. In his widely publicised speech, he spoke about a host of issues concerning the industry and the nation.
Within days of Gandhi's address, Modi used the platform of another chamber FICCI in his bid to reach out to audiences nationwide and also took a dig at Gandhi. The industry body, Gopalakrishnan said, has to engage with the political leadership and convey its requirement to them.
"We have to engage with the leaders. We have to convey our request and requirements to the political leadership. We have to give our suggestions. Similarly, we need to listen to them, they have their own priorities, they have their own agenda," he said.
"...this dialogue is very important across all parties and not just one party and we are hoping that we will have more interactions where we can interact on one-on-one basis and at public fora like we had," the newly elected President added.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China