West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee's condition improving
Mamata took ill while in New Delhi and was administered oxygen after a protest by SFI activists.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's condition was improving with relief from pain and slight improvement in blood pressure, a medical bulletin said on Friday. Her pulse rate continued to be low and she was examined by cardiologist SK Biswas at the premiere Belle Vue clinic, where she was admitted to.
Mamata, whose health was reviewed by members of the medical consortium headed by Subroto Maitra, was advised to continue with the same medication and other ancillary treatments as directed by orthopaedician SP Das. Mamata was hospitalised on Wednesday shortly after returning from Delhi with complaints of breathing problem and palpitation.
The Chief Minister was obstructed from entering Yojna Bhavan building in New Delhi on April 9 by SFI activists during an agitation and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra was heckled. Mamata subsequently took ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS. She cancelled her meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and another with Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and left for Kolkata.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts