West Bengal: Mamata renames streets in Kolkata
The streets were given new names after RP Goenka, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Ram Manohar Lohia and others.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday renamed seventeen streets in the metropolis after legendary personalities from the world of industry, arts, music and others.
The streets were given new names after RP Goenka, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Ram Manohar Lohia, Uttam Kumar, Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb, Debabrata Biswas as also Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramkrishna Paramahansa and others.
"It is a great honour for all of us to rename streets after these legendary personalities," Banerjee said at the renaming program. Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, the son of Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb said it was a great honour to be present at the program.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)