West Bengal: Mamata renames streets in Kolkata
The streets were given new names after RP Goenka, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Ram Manohar Lohia and others.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday renamed seventeen streets in the metropolis after legendary personalities from the world of industry, arts, music and others.
The streets were given new names after RP Goenka, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Ram Manohar Lohia, Uttam Kumar, Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb, Debabrata Biswas as also Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramkrishna Paramahansa and others.
"It is a great honour for all of us to rename streets after these legendary personalities," Banerjee said at the renaming program. Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, the son of Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb said it was a great honour to be present at the program.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Intelligent, Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border