Rail Budget 2013: What Pawan Kumar Bansal needs to do
CNN-IBN spoke to passengers who want better hygiene and safety measures in this Rail Budget.
New Delhi: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal came under attack from the Opposition in January after he increased rail fares. In the Rail Budget 2013 to be presented on Tuesday, another rail fare hike is expected. CNN-IBN spoke to passengers who want better hygiene and safety measures. What does the Rail Minister need to do to revive the Indian Railways?
- Corporatise the railways
- Restructure along businesses not functions
- Have profit and cost centres
- Revamp the Railway Board
- Outsource functions like catering, station maintenance and housekeeping
- Install modern European standard signaling systems
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Handed Him the Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event