Where is your wife: Digvijaya Singh asks Modi
Digvijaya Singh has targeted Narendra Modi's marital status and demanded that the Gujarat CM reveal the whereabouts of his 'wife'.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's controversial statement calling Union Minister Shashi Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar a Rs 50 crore girlfriend has led to a bitter war of words. Now Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh has targeted Narendra Modi's marital status and demanded that the Gujarat Chief Minister reveal the whereabouts of his 'wife'.
Singh asked Modi why he is silent about his wife Yashoda and why he is hiding her? He asked Modi to clarify whether he was still married or divorced. He also demanded that Modi should apologise publicly to Shashi Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar for calling her a Rs 50 crore girlfriend.
Taking potshots at Shashi Tharoor, who made a comeback during the Cabinet reshuffle on Sunday as the Minister of State for HRD, the BJP leader attacked his wife Sunanda Pushkar, calling her "a 50 crore girlfriend" while addressing a rally in election-bound Himachal Pradesh on Monday.
Modi said, "There was a Congress leader who was a minister in Parliament. He was accused of amassing wealth from cricket. He had said in Parliament that he is not connected to the Rs 50 crore in the lady's name." He further asked, "Have you ever heard of Rs 50 crore girlfriend?"
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Nawaz Sharif Talks to Army Cheif, Reviews Pakistan's Defence Preparedness
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Time For Pakistan To Learn Some Lessons: Subramanian Swamy
- India Has Sent Right Signal To Pakistan And World, Says Shashi Tharoor on Surgical Strike