Why is Karnataka Congress Chief embarrassing his own party government?
G Parmeshwara had said that it is not a problem if the minorities do not repay loans as many others also owe thousands of crores.
New Delhi: Knowingly or unknowingly, the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) chief Dr G Parameshwara has walked into a trap. His statement "Even if they (minorities) don't repay loan, it is not a problem. Many others also owe thousands of crores" has given powerful ammunition to the opposition BJP in Karnataka. The BJP has decided to make it a big issue ahead of Lok Sabha elections-2014.
Parameshwara's minority 'appeasement' started during the assembly elections in last April and May. He promised fast track courts to try the Muslim youths accused of terror activities in the state. Recently, he openly attacked the chief minister Siddaramaiah for not implementing it. He even questioned Siddaramaiah's commitments towards minorities.
Parameshwara, a Dalit leader was in the race for the post of chief minister. But, he lost the assembly election. His rival in the party Siddaramaiah, whom he still considers an 'outsider', became the chief minister.
His demand for the post of Deputy Chief Minister is also not being considered by the party high command in New Delhi. He feels that the chief minister is ignoring him and his supporters.
He started making strong statements in the last two months. Mostly, criticising his Congress government over it s performance or chief minister over his attitude. He has also announced that he would asses the performance of all ministers once in three months. It has not gone down well with Siddaramaiah. They always view each other with suspicion and it is leading to a turf war.
In his eagerness to show his supremacy, he is making all kinds of statements. His statement on giving more loans to minorities has embarrassed the party.
People close to Parameshwara feel that he won't stop talking like this, unless he is made the deputy chief minister.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics