DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mayawati sent jet to fetch sandals: WikiLeaks
US embassy cables from 2007 to 2009 describe Mayawati as "a first-rate egomaniac" who "is obsessed with becoming prime minister".
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati sent a jet to pick up a pair of sandals, according to leaked US diplomatic cables.
"When she needed new sandals, her private jet flew empty to Mumbai to retrieve her preferred brand," a cable said describing her "eccentricities, whims and insecurities".
US embassy cables from 2007 to 2009 released by the WikiLeaks website describe Mayawati as "a first-rate egomaniac" who "is obsessed with becoming prime minister".
The cable also quotes Lucknow journalists claiming that she employs nine cooks (two to cook, the others to watch over them) and two food tasters.
"She fears assassination and demanded from the central government the highest level of protection available. In addition to this outsized security apparatus, she constructed a private road from her residence to her office, which is cleaned immediately after her multiple vehicle convoy reaches its destination," said the cable.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong